Benchmaster Horizontal Mill

All metalworking machinery

Benchmaster Horizontal Mill

Postby Phil Morris » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am

I have been using and really enjoying the Benchmaster vertical mill I got from Henry P and have been looking for a horizontal mill to add to the shop. After a year or so of looking I got a call from Dan Wyatt who had an Atlas horizontal mill available and I made a deal with him for it. Steve carried it down from MO and passed it off to Hector who delivered it to my shop. I have just started the tear down for restoration. I had my horizontal mill and was content until . . .

Glancing at ebay I spotted a Benchmaster horizontal mill. I knew Benchmasters were available in the horizontal configuration but I had never seen one. This one even had the power feed on the table and was located within striking distance (north Arkansas). I watched it for several days and the price had not yet gone out of reason (probably because it was offered for pick-up only and Homewood Arkansas is pretty remote). I shot a note to my fellow Benchmaster aficionado (Ken C) and told him I was going to bid on it. Low and behold, Ken had already placed a bid. Well, if I can't get it, I sure hope Ken does so I started rooting for Ken. Working his magic he snagged the mill for a very reasonable price then my memory gets a little fuzzy but somehow he offered the mill to me. I made the dash out to Homewood (16hrs RT) and brought home this jewel:

It included a shop built vertical conversion:

I obviously don't need that but it seems to be nicely done.

This should come in handy especially since every time I go to use my other mill, this guy is there blocking up the works :lol: :

Phil
Phil Morris

Re: Benchmaster Horizontal Mill

Postby Wheels » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am

After seeing it my memory got a little fuzzy too on how that happened. I think I even became a little dizzy....that is a fine machine.

I hope Jerry let's you use it soon.
I'm in it for the parking...
Wheels

Return to Old Metalworking Machines